Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. A healthy breakfast will improve blood sugar levels, boost the metabolism and reduce the desire to binge on snack foods throughout the day. Studies now prove, people who eat a healthy breakfast are slimmer than those who skip breakfast.
Below are 5 health breakfast ideas that you can begin using today:
1. Super-Fast Omelet: Ingredients: 2 eggs, 2 ounces of diced turkey bacon and c cup of chopped spinach. Method: Whisk the eggs until light and fluffy. Add the bacon and spinach and mix until all ingredients are well combined. Place the ingredients in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave on high for one minute, add a slice of whole wheat toast and you have a perfect breakfast to start your day.
2. Strawberry Smoothie: Smoothies are fast, easy to prepare and are great when you need to get up and go. Ingredients: 1 cup of reduced fat milk, 1 cup of strawberries, c cup of yoghurt and 4 ice cubes. Method: Place all the ingredients in the blender on high and mix until smooth. Pour into your favorite cup and enjoy.
3. Lean Mean Veggie And Cheese Wrap: Wraps are quick, healthy and a great way to start the day. Ingredients: 1 flour tortilla, 1 cup of cooked mixed vegetables of your choice, 2 tablespoons of chopped low-fat cheddar cheese. Method: Lay the tortilla on a plate and spread the cheese over the top. Microwave the tortilla on medium heat for 40 seconds. Add the vegetables, roll the tortilla and eat while hot.
4. Quick Fruit Salad And Yoghurt: Fruit salad and yoghurt would have to top the list as an all-time breakfast favorite. Ingredients: 1 small banana, 1 small apple, c cup of mixed frozen berries and 1 cup of vanilla Greek yogurt. Method: Slice the banana and apple thinly and place in a bowl. Add the berries and toss the ingredients together. Top off the fruit salad with the vanilla yoghurt and enjoy.
5. Homemade Muesli: Low in fat, high in fiber and made just the way you like it. Ingredients: c cup of lightly toasted roasted oats, 1 tablespoon of sunflower seeds, 1 tablespoon of plump juicy raisins, c cup of dried banana and pineapple chips, c cup of reduced fat milk. Method: Put all ingredients in a bowl, stir until combined. Add the milk and start your day the right way.
Now you have 5 healthy breakfasts for your work week. Each of the recipes takes just a few minutes to prepare. A healthy breakfast is a great way to begin the day and kick your metabolism into gear.