I am sure you know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Since it is the most important meal, we need to make sure that we eat the right things to give ourselves a “jump-start” to the day.
It can be tempting to head over to McDonald’s before work and grab on their sausage, egg and cheese sandwiches. Do not do that! That sandwich is one of the worst things you can put into your body in the morning. Anything even similar to that is not sufficient for your needs and will not carry you very far into the day.
Instead of unhealthy foods full of empty calories, we owe it to ourselves to start the day by eating something tasty, healthy and full of nutrients.
I have trouble enjoying many of the “normal” breakfast foods so I tend to get creative when I make breakfast. Because of my lack of interest in most breakfast foods I started thinking of things that I liked that were not breakfast foods.
I got to thinking and had a great idea. I love banana splits so I converted it into breakfast meal! I replaced the ice cream with yogurt and added some things to make it filling and healthy. The result was delicious and very filling.
Hopefully you can enjoy this recipe for yourself and maybe share it with your friends and family. I tried to lay it out as simple as I could so it is easy to understand. Just keep in mind that it is not an exact science. Change it up if you want and make it enjoyable for you!
Finally, here are the directions to make your own breakfast banana split.
You will need a banana, a half of a cup of yogurt, 2 strawberries, a forth of a cup of granola and 4 or 5 blueberries.
1. First, the banana and cut it down the middle (long ways).
2. Separate the two banana slices so they are a couple inches apart.
3. Put two c cup scoops of yogurt between the banana slices.
4. Now take the strawberries, cut the tops off, and cut them into even slices.
5. Spread c cup granola evenly on top of the area of the dish that has yogurt.
6. Lay the strawberries on the yogurt so they are even spread spread apart.
7. To top it off, place 2 or 3 blueberries on top of the scoops of yogurt.
8. Now you can enjoy a tasty but healthy breakfast!