Carrot Cake Blondie Bars with creamy sweet cream cheese frosting. Everything you love about carrot cake with no decorating struggles!
Carrot Cake Blondie Bars
My favorite cake in the world is carrot cake! Nothing beats it! It’s stuffed will of texture with the carrots, pineapple, nuts and that cinnamon flavor with the cream cheese frosting is heavenly! But what I don’t love about carrot cake is decorating it. These Carrot Cake Blondie Bars are the perfect solution! They’re so moist (sorry if you hate that word) and this recipe makes the perfect amount… a 9×9 pan (which is the perrrrfect brownie pan too)! You can double is for a large casserole dish but I love this small size because I only every really need nine servings!
How to Make Carrot Cake Blondie Bars
The first thing you need to do is grate your carrots! Use a food processor with the grate attachment if you have one or be cool like me and grate the carrots by hand because you haven’t splurged on a food processor yet. Once you’ve combined all the ingredients, dump your batter into a greased pan. I like to line my pans with parchment paper so I can remove them easier once they’ve cooled. Spread the batter flat and bake! Since these are blondies and don’t have any leavening agent in them (baking soda or baking powder) they won’t rise very much. Once the middle of the pan is firm, they’re done baking!
Seriously in love with my 9×9 pan! It comes in handy when I half cake recipes and it’s the perfect pan for brownies, not too thick or thin!
Favorite Easter Desserts
I can’t believe Easter is almost here! If you’re looking for dessert options for the big day, I have a few suggestions. My Cute Garden Carrot Cupcakes are very popular because the chocolate dipped strawberry looks like a carrot! My Easy Bunny Cupcakes are perfect for the kiddos because they look like bunnies using marshmallows as ears! I’m all about those easy desserts that have minimal fuss. You can always stick with a classic carrot dessert too!
Happy Easter everyone!
1 C. butter, melted
1 1/2 C. brown sugar
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 egg, room temperature
1 egg yolk, room temperature
1 1/4 C. grated carrots
1 1/2 C. flour
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 C. nuts, optional
1/2 C. butter, room temperature
8 oz. cream cheese
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2-3 C. powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9×9 inch pan.
2. Combine butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and beat until smooth.
3. Add vanilla and eggs, beat again.
4. Stir in grated carrots.
5. In a separate bowl combine flour, cinnamon, ginger and salt.
6. Slowly add dry ingredients to wet and stir just until combined.
7. Stir in nuts and then dump into prepared pan and spread flat.
8. Bake for about 35 minutes or until the center is firm!
9. FROSTING: Combine all ingredients, add only as much powdered sugar as needed to reach your desired consistency. If it becomes too thick, add 1 Tbsp. of milk!
10. Frosting cooled blondie bars and top with extra nuts!
Copyright © YourCupofCake