Baked chicken breasts filled and rolled with spinach and ricotta topped with Pomodoro sauce and melted mozzarella. Family friendly and so good!
Chicken Rollatini with Spinach Parmesan
Since making chicken rollatini stuffed with prosciutto and cheese a few weeks back my husband has been craving chicken rollatini the way he grew up eating it, stuffed with cheese and topped with sauce and more cheese. I had to sneak some spinach in them against his will, but he was very pleased with the final results. I guess you can say this is a cross between my Chicken Parmigiana and Spinach Lasagna Rolls.
Perfect for a large crowd, or to feed a hungry family. These are very filling, I served this with a big salad and I was very content with just one piece. These re-heated beautifully the next day and we were happy to enjoy them again for leftovers. Enjoy!!
How To Make Chicken Rollatini
Chicken Rollatini with Spinach alla Parmigiana
Baked chicken breasts rolled with spinach and ricotta topped with pomodoro sauce and melted mozzarella. A dish the whole family will love!
- 8 thin chicken cutlets, 3 oz each
- 1/2 cup whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 6 tablespoons egg whites or egg beaters
- 5 oz frozen spinach, squeezed dry of any liquid
- 6 tbsp part skim ricotta cheese
- 6 oz part skim mozzarella (I used Polly-O)
- olive oil non-stick spray
- 1 cup pomodoro sauce or your favorite marinara sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and dry cutlets, season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 450°. Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Combine breadcrumbs and 2 tbsp grated cheese in one bowl and 1/4 cup egg beaters or egg whites in another.
- Shred or finely chop 1.5 oz of mozzarella cheese and combine with remaining grated cheese, spinach (make sure you squeeze it dry), 2 tbsp egg beaters, and ricotta cheese.
- Lay chicken cutlets down on a working surface and spread 2 tbsp of spinach-cheese mixture on each cutlet. Loosely roll each one and keep seam side down.
- Dip chicken in egg mixture, then in breadcrumbs and place seam side down in a baking dish (no toothpicks needed).
- Repeat with the remaining chicken. When finished, lightly spray with olive oil. Bake 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven, top with sauce then cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 3 more minutes.
- Serve with additional sauce on the side and grated cheese.
Yield: 8 servings, Serving Size: 1 piece
- Amount Per Serving:
- Freestyle Points: 4
- Points +: 5
- Calories: 195 calories
- Total Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: g
- Cholesterol: mg
- Sodium: mg
- Carbohydrates: 7g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Sugar: g
- Protein: 24g
All images and text ©