Are you looking for instant solutions for a fast weight loss after pregnancy? The important thing to remember is that there are no quick fixes for any weight loss. Your body has gained its weight over a period of time and it needs time to lose weight. Fad diets or fast can lead to catastrophic complications. Your body needs nutrition to cope with the childbirth and its aftereffects. Additionally, if you breastfeed your baby, your body needs good quantities of nutrients to produce breast milk. Fancy diet programs for fast weight loss touted by celebrities and stars are not for us ordinary folks. The expense involved is not the only issue here, but maintaining those fad diet routines is not going to be easy.
Time needed for fast weight loss after pregnancy
– The average weight gain during pregnancy is about 30 to 35 pounds. You lose some of that weight at childbirth. Even so, a woman needs about 3 months to recover from pregnancy and childbirth.
– Ensure that you eat nutritious food during the first three months without thinking too much about losing weight. In normal course of life, you need six to eight months to return to your weight and shape you had before pregnancy. Of course, it all depends on how much weight you earned during your pregnancy. – Trying to achieve fast weight loss too soon after pregnancy could lead to serious trouble.
– If for any reason it is important that you lose weight fast, consult your health care provider to form a safe diet and exercise regimen for fast weight loss.
Exercises for fast weight loss
– Before you start on any exercise regimen for weight loss after pregnancy, consult with your family doctor or gynecologist.
– Do routines designed for fast weight loss only with their permission, advice and guidance. Too much exercise too soon after childbirth may result in undesirable and unnecessary issues.
– Working out at home with a few light exercises during the day is an effective way to burn more calories.
– Do physical work at home as much as possible. Do not sit idle for any length of time. Rest only when your body demands rest.
– Go for long walks carrying your baby. The act of carrying the baby will help in close bonding and the effort of carrying the baby for long distances will help you burn a lot of calories. You gain in many ways.
Diets for fast weight loss after pregnancy
– Do not start out on diets by simply limiting specific food groups or items. Your body needs nutrition to recover from childbirth. If you breast feed your baby, proteins, vitamins and minerals are essential for the body to produce breast milk.
– Breast milk is vital to your baby’s growth and development. It contains antibodies and anti-infectious agents to strengthen your baby’s immune system. Select nutritious fare with low saturated fats.
– Eat a lot of vegetable and fruits during meal times.
– Have your meals at regular intervals.
– Do not indulge in untimely snacking or knick knacks.
– Restrict your intake of processed and ready to eat food items like canned fish or meat.
– Try to stay away from energy dense drinks and fried foods like dough nuts or chips.