Instant Pot Beef Ragu–tender chunks of beef are braised in a tomato based sauce and tossed with pasta. A super easy recipe to make for any night of the week.
Get the SLOW COOKER version of the recipe here
Instant Pot Beef Ragu
I’d heard of beef ragu before but had never tried it. I just thought it sounded too fancy for me. Little did I know that it’s like the easiest recipe ever! Basically it’s shredded beef, tomato based sauce and pasta tossed all together.
You start with a budget-friendly cut of beef—chuck roast is your best bet. I like to cut it into two-inch pieces. This ensures that each piece will get coated with seasonings and sauce. My favorite way to cut beef is when it is partially frozen. The knife just slices through it so much easier when it’s frozen than when it’s completely thawed. Sometimes I’ll even throw my meat in the freezer for 10 minutes before cutting it.
Once you’ve prepped your beef, throw it into your Instant Pot along with a few seasonings and some crushed tomatoes. Walk away for and hour and when you come back to it, the beef will be easy to shred and serve over some al dente pasta, like rigatoni or pappardelle. Instant Pot Beef Ragu tastes amazing and requires very little effort—my type of meal!
More recipes you’ll love…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Beef Ragu I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
Tender chunks of beef are braised in a tomato based sauce and tossed with pasta. A super easy recipe to make for any night of the week.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 diced yellow or white onion
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 (28 oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 pounds beef chuck roast, cut into two-inch pieces
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 12 oz rigatoni or other pasta of choice
- Parmesan cheese, for serving
- Turn on your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When it says HOT on the display add in the olive oil. Add the onion. Sauté for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in the beef broth, oregano, rosemary, tomato paste, salt, pepper, crushed tomatoes, soy sauce, and bay leaf.
- Nestle the meat into the pot.
- Cover and secure the lid. Press the manual/pressure cook button and adjust the time to 60 minutes. Allow the pressure to release naturally.
- Remove the lid and break the beef into about one-inch pieces with tongs. Stir in the vinegar.
- Follow the directions on the package to prepare the pasta. Reserve half a cup of the cooking liquid. Add the pasta to the Instant Pot along with the pasta water. Toss. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve the pasta and meat with Parmesan cheese.
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Instant Pot Beef Ragu? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.