Instant Pot Cheddar Bacon Mashed Potatoes–creamy mashed potatoes with grated cheddar and bits of bacon made easy in your electric pressure cooker. A perfect side dish for your Easter dinner.
Get the recipe for SLOW COOKER bacon cheddar mashed potatoes here
Instant Pot Cheddar Bacon Mashed Potatoes
One of my favorite things to make in my Instant Pot is mashed potatoes. It’s just so easy. You add in some water and some potatoes and turn it on and walk away. I love not having to worry about the water boiling over on the stove.
These cheddar bacon mashed potatoes are fancy potatoes that would go perfectly with a ham or turkey dinner. Or you can just eat them straight out the pot. I won’t judge.
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Cheddar Bacon Mashed Potatoes I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
Instant Pot Easter Recipes Blog Hop
Creamy buttermilk garlic mashed potatoes with grated cheddar and bits of bacon made easy in your electric pressure cooker. A perfect side dish for your Easter dinner.
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 pounds Russet potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup warmed buttermilk (or you can use 1/4 cup milk and 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt)
- 2 cups medium or sharp cheddar, grated
- 3/4 cup crumbled bacon (I use pre-packaged bacon crumbles for sake of ease)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pour water into the bottom of the Instant Pot. Add in the potatoes, garlic, bay leaf and kosher salt.
- Cover and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to “sealing.” Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes (high pressure).
- When the cook time ends perform a quick release by moving the valve to venting. Remove the lid and test the potatoes for doneness.
- Discard the bay leaf. Use a colander to drain off liquid.
- Use a potato masher to mash the potatoes and garlic until mostly smooth. Mash in the butter and gradually stir in the buttermilk. Stir in the cheddar and the bacon crumbles. Salt and pepper to taste.
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Instant Pot Cheddar Bacon Mashed Potatoes? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.