Instant Pot Sweet and Sour Country Ribs–country style pork ribs are cooked in your electric pressure cooker until fork tender and then served with a sweet and sour sauce. If you want, you can make baked potatoes at the same time and in the same pot to serve with your ribs.
Pin this recipe for later!
Get the SLOW COOKER version of the recipe here
Instant Pot Sweet and Sour Country Ribs
I’ve been making this recipe for years in the slow cooker and I figured it would be amazing in the Instant Pot as well, and it was! What are country-style pork ribs? Well country style pork ribs are actually not ribs at all. They’re from the blade end or the shoulder and they might have some bones in them but most likely will be boneless. Basically thick cuts of meat that have similar texture and flavor as the meat around ribs. This cut of meat is perfect for the Instant Pot or the slow cooker. They get really tender and have lots of flavor. Plus the bonus is that they are super budget friendly.
I started this recipe by making a sauce out of ketchup, brown sugar, apple cider vinegar and a few seasonings. I stirred it all together in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Then I nestled all the ribs into the pot.
At this point you can wrap up some russet potatoes in foil and throw them in as well. They’ll cook at the same rate as the ribs and you can have meat and potatoes for dinner. Or you can leave the potatoes out, it’s up to you. I cooked mine for 20 minutes on high pressure with a natural pressure release. The meat was super tender. I thickened up the sauce with a cornstarch slurry and spooned it over the meat on a serving platter. I hope you enjoy these instant pot sweet and sour country ribs as much as we did!
Pin this recipe for later!
More recipes you’ll love
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot sweet and sour country ribs I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
Country style pork ribs are cooked in your electric pressure cooker until fork tender and then served with a sweet and sour sauce. If you want, you can make baked potatoes at the same time and in the same pot to serve with your ribs.
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 c packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2-4 lbs country style pork ribs (bone-in or boneless)
- Russet potatoes, optional
- Cornstarch + water
- Whisk the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar, mustard powder, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper together in the Instant Pot.
- Nestle the ribs into the sauce.
- If you want baked potatoes then wrap your scrubbed russet potatoes in foil and place on the top of the ribs.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual button or pressure cook button 20 minutes (high pressure).
- Let the pressure release naturally for up to 20 minutes, then move the valve to venting and release any remaining pressure (there might not be any).
- Remove the lid and remove the potatoes. Scoop the ribs on to a platter. Turn the Instant Pot to the saute function. Mix 2 Tbsp of cornstarch with 3 Tbsp of water in a small bowl. Stir the cornstarch slurry into the pot. The sauce will thicken up in a minute or two. Stir while it is thickening.
- Spoon the sauce over the meat and enjoy!
Send Me Free Recipes
Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below. This is a free service! Try it out. You’ll eat better and be more inspired to make family dinner happen at your house.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.