Treating acne is something that many people have to deal with at some point in their life. A lot of acne sufferers will use the range of over the counter medicines available. They may even have prescription drugs to cure to help alleviate their symptoms. A significant number of acne sufferers are beginning to discover a whole range of methods to treat acne naturally.
1. Certain foods can help to make your acne problem more severe and should be left out of your diet completely. The sad thing is many acne sufferers are unaware that this can contribute to their problem. Foods high in sugar or those that are fried are the largest culprit. These are the worst things to eat if you have any form of acne. Imagine the problems caused by these foods on someone who has pretty good skin. The problem is only going to increase if you have acne and still eat these types of foods. The foodstuffs you should be eating are plenty of fruits and veggies. Also make sure you have a good balance of complex carbs and the lean proteins.
2. Topical creams and rubs can help the skin look and feel better. Especially those that are made from natural ingredients. If you have tried creams bought from the store and have not had the results you crave, you may need to rethink your strategy. A number of acne sufferers have tried a honey and milk combination. You could also try a scrub made from sugar and lemons. Both these methods have been known not to damage the skin and help keep it looking clear.
3. Your bed linen may also be partially to blame for your acne. It is important to change it on a regular basis. A number of acne sufferers will not be aware that when they go to sleep at night and rest their head down they will be laying in the same oils from the previous night. So it is because of this you must change your bedding frequently paying close attention to your pillowcase. This will help prevent the bacteria spreading that can lead to acne.
4. There are a number of natural supplements that can be used when looking to treat your acne. So many vitamins and herbs on the market have benefits for the skin. You will need to do your homework though before trying all the supplements available to you. It is a good idea to consult your doctor before trying supplements although, you do not want them to clash with any medicines that your doctor has already given you.
5. Stress is a leading factor in acne breakouts. Try and reduce the amount of stress in your life. Easier said than done I know, but try. A great amount of people do not comprehend the effects that stress can have on an individual. Stress can lead to inflammation in your skin which in turn can result in a breakout of acne. If you are dealing with excessive stress then you should try some relaxation methods. For example massage, you may go on walks or just try some simple breathing exercises.
6. Be sure to consume a good amount of water daily. Water is a treatment for acne that many sufferers do not realize. Water will flush impurities from your body, and in result lead to unhealthy looking skin. Check your recommended allowance but for most adults it is between 8 – 10 glasses every day. Tea or coffee does not count as it is completely different. It has to be water.
Like all treatments what one person may find effective, may not work so well for someone else. Trial and error is the key here. Keep trying though as normally natural methods are a lot safer for you and your skin. You should try and discover what treatment for acne works for you, Stick to it and you should soon have clear skin.