Slow Cooker Corned Beef Dinner with Mustard Sauce–a super easy (and delicious) method for making corned beef! Tender corned beef is sliced and served alongside carrots and potatoes (and if you want, cabbage). It’s then topped with a tangy sauce made of sour cream, dijon mustard and garlic. A perfect dinner for St Patrick’s Day (or any other day).
Click here for the INSTANT POT Corned Beef Recipe
Slow Cooker Corned Beef Dinner with Mustard Sauce
I have corned beef about once a year around St. Patrick’s Day. After I made this last night I wondered why I only make it once a year! It was so tasty. My kids kept eating and eating until it was almost completely gone! They loved it. I was hoping to use some of the leftover corned beef to make split pea soup today but there’s not enough left! Maybe I’ll have to make another corned beef today just so I can have some leftovers.
What made this dinner stand out to me was the sour cream mustard sauce that we served with it. My son literally kept putting spoonful after spoonful on top. He loved it! It’s not a necessity but I think you’ll really love it too.
To make Slow Cooker Corned Beef Dinner with Mustard Sauce I prefer to cook the beef for a while on it’s own and then add the vegetables in a little bit later. That way you don’t end up with totally mushy vegetables. If you can’t do this for time reasons then you can add the vegetables in at the beginning, but I would suggest using large chunks of the vegetables or even whole potatoes and whole carrots.
More recipes you’ll love
What Slow Cooker Did You Use?
To make Slow Cooker Corned Beef Dinner with Mustard Sauce I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker.* I love this slow cooker (you can see me talking about it in a video here). It cooks low and evenly. I love the medium heat choice because most slow cookers that I’ve seen only have the option of cooking on low or high. If you’re going to buy just one slow cooker, this is the one that I recommend.
A super easy (and delicious) method for making corned beef! Tender corned beef is sliced and served alongside carrots and potatoes (and if you want, cabbage). It’s then topped with a tangy sauce made of sour cream, dijon mustard and garlic. A perfect dinner for St Patrick’s Day (or any other day).
For the corned beef:
- 2-4 pounds of corned beef brisket (mine was 2.75 pounds), with seasoning
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cups beef broth (or 4 cups water with 4 tsp Better than Bouillon Beef Base)
For the vegetables:
- 6 carrots, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 6 medium Russet potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 head of cabbage, cut into wedges (optional)
For the mustard sauce:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/8 tsp sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- Place corned beef in the slow cooker. Sprinkle with seasonings (if they are included in the package). Sprinkle with brown sugar. Add the bay leaves and the broth. Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours add in the carrots and potatoes and cabbage (if desired). Cover and cook for 4 more hours on low.
- Remove the lid, move the corned beef to a platter and tent with foil. Let it rest for 10-15 minutes before serving. Use a slotted spoon to place the vegetables around the meat.
- Make the mustard sauce by whisking together the sour cream, dijon mustard, sugar, garlic and kosher salt.
- Serve corned beef and vegetables with the mustard sauce. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1/6 of 2.75 lb brisket and 1 potato, 1 carrot and 1/6 of cabbage head
- Calories: 599
- Sugar: 17 g
- Sodium: 2111 mg
- Fat: 30 g
- Carbohydrates: 51
- Protein: 35 g
Send Me Free Recipes
Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below. This is a free service! Try it out. You’ll eat better and be more inspired to make family dinner happen at your house.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.