Slow Cooker Homestyle Chicken and Vegetables–well seasoned chicken, green beans, red potatoes and carrots are all cooked together in your slow cooker. A true one pot meal that is family friendly, tastes amazing and is so easy to put together.
Get the recipe for Instant Pot Homestyle Chicken and Vegetables here
Slow Cooker Homestyle Chicken and Vegetables
I’ve made this two times in the last few days for dinner because it’s just so easy and so tasty. My son exclaimed that I need to make these cooked carrots more often. I appreciate this one pot meal so much because it has the protein (chicken), starch (red potatoes) and vegetables (beans and carrots) all together in one dish. The seasoning is so tasty too. This is my new favorite go-to healthy weeknight dinner recipe. I love it!
More healthy recipes you’ll love…
What Slow Cooker Did You Use?
To make slow cooker homestyle chicken and vegetables I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker.* I love this slow cooker (you can see me talking about it in a video here). It cooks low and evenly. I love the medium heat choice because most slow cookers that I’ve seen only have the option of cooking on low or high. If you’re going to buy just one slow cooker, this is the one that I recommend
Well seasoned chicken, green beans, red potatoes and carrots are all cooked together in your slow cooker. A true one pot meal that is family friendly, tastes amazing and is so easy to put together.
- 1 3/4 lbs uncooked thawed boneless, skinless chicken breasts or boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 pound baby carrots (the thicker kind) or whole peeled carrots
- 1 lb fresh green beans
- 1 1/2 lbs red potatoes
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp crushed rosemary
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Prepare your chicken by cutting off excess fat and then cutting the chicken into bite size pieces. Add the chicken to the slow cooker.
- Prepare your vegetables. Wash your green beans and trim off the ends. Cut them in half. Wash your potatoes and cut the red potatoes in half (for firmer) or in quarters (for soft). Add all the vegetables to the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle in the salt, rosemary, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, paprika and olive oil. Use a large spoon to toss everything together and to distribute the seasonings.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Remove lid, stir and scoop onto dishes and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1/4 of the recipe
- Calories: 467
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 560 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbohydrates: 41 g
- Protein: 45 g
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for slow cooker homestyle chicken and vegetables? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.