Make these one pot Slow Cooker Mashed Sweet Potatoes for the holiday, also keep them warm right in the same pot!
Almost the entire holiday dinner can be prepared in the slow cooker, the ham, green beans, mashed potatoes and also these mashed sweet potatoes! My grandma makes a great sweet potato casserole for the holiday dinners that she can make it to, but some dinners I have to entertain without her being there. What I love most about this recipe is that it’s a one pot side dish. No boiling in a pot on the stove-top, these sweet potatoes steam in the slow cooker with butter and a touch of water. Then I add spices, maple syrup and small amount of heavy cream.
Here is the YouTube video of this recipe! SO easy to make. You can follow me on YouTube, here.
What are you cooking in your slow cooker for the holiday dinners? I would love to hear. Have a great week.
Slow Cooker Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Author: Sarah Olson
- 6 sweet potatoes, peeled and diced (this was about 7 cups, measured)
- ½ cup salted butter (1 stick)
- ¼ cup water or apple juice
Add these items at the end
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. heavy cream
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. salt
Slow Cooker Size:
- Add the peeled and diced sweet potatoes to the slow cooker. Slice the butter and place on top. Pour over the water.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours without opening the lid during the cooking time.
- When the cooking time is done, add the maple syrup, heavy cream, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Using an electric mixer, beat until smooth OR use a potato masher and mash by hand.
- Serve with additional butter if desired.
I used my 6-quart Crock-Pot® for this recipe, though any slow cooker 5-quart or larger will work fine.
You may also like: Horseradish Cheese Spread