The variety of pots and pans available in the market can be quite confusing for the average Joe or Jane. There are just so many kinds, so many names, so many brands, and so many metal or metal combinations to choose from, that it can be quite difficult to figure out which one is the best in the market. So, which really is the best cookware of all?
As you already know, different people have different needs and preferences. What you should ask first is, which would be the best cookware for you. Here is a bit of a guide to help you choose:
• What is your cooking preference? If you like sauces and saucy foods, for example, you might prioritize investing in a high quality sauce pan.
• How many people do you cook for? Cooking just for two or cooking for 8 everyday would dictate the size of cookware that you should be looking for.
• How often do you entertain guests, and how much storage do you have? Professional chefs have ample amount of space to store their cookware, but if you have limited space, you might consider looking for those that can be easily stored. Also, this could dictate whether you should buy single pieces or a whole set.
• How much maintenance can you take? Some kinds of cookware require less maintenance than others.
• What is your budget? The price of pots and pans depends heavily on the kind of metal used and the brand.
Remember these tips:
• The best cook wares are the ones that distribute heat evenly to ensure even cooking of food.
• Make sure that you buy cookware that is lined with non-reactive metal – this means that the metal that touches your food does not react to acid or alkaline.
• Choose one that you can use for both stove top and oven. This saves time as well as cleaning up.
• Make sure that the handles are heat-proof, and that the lid fits snugly.
• The best cookware is the one that will last for a long time. Choose quality. And quality cookware usually comes with the manufacturer’s warranty.
• If you are using (or going to use) an induction stove, make sure that you buy one that is magnetic.
It is, of course, wise to look at catalogs online and check the reviews made about the products. By spending some time on in-depth research, you could find the best cookware to suit your lifestyle.